Donnerstag, 30. Dezember 2021

Genesis

I was spat out on the edge of the world
enclosed in a tough skin
Darkness all around

You came and grabbed me with your claws
threw me into the sea
pushed me deep down to the bottom
and pulled me out again
You dragged me into your cave
and licked the salt off my body with your rough tongue
You fed me raw fish and meat
and prepared me a bed on your furry breast
Then you sang me a lullaby about fishing and hunting
and watching the seasons go by

For the first time in my life
I felt completely safe
So I let myself fall into a deep dreamless sleep

In the morning I took the first breath of a new life
then slipped out of my skin
and straightened up
Light all around

I looked at you
- your mighty body and your knowing gaze
all of your controlled power -
and I knew:
If God were a predator like you
that would give me back my faith


4 Kommentare:

  1. Atemberaubend, großartig! Sicherlich eines deiner besten Gedichte. Gleichzeitig bestürzend und beunruhigend.Was mehr kann man verlangen oder sagen.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Dank liebe Eva! <3 Für mich ist es eins der wichtigsten Gedichte.

      Löschen
    2. Dass du auf Englisch schreibst und dass es so stimmig und zu Herzen gehend ist, zeigt, wie tief die Sprache in dir beheimatet ist. Das können nur wenige Menschen erleben.

      Löschen
    3. Danke, meine Liebe, so fühlt es sich auch an. Und du weißt ja, wo mein Herz schlägt.

      Löschen